Born in Brooklyn, raised in Staten Island (fist pump), and having lived all over the boroughs, I’m a New York City girl at heart. I’m a self-professed fitness junky, health food MacGyver (seriously, I can make a salad with just a paper clip and chewing gum), blogger, freelance journalist, song writer, digital strategist at Launchpad Advertising, and peanut butter & jelly ninja. I’m currently living outside of New York for the first time in my life, calling Austin, Texas my home. Let’s see what happens 🙂
Thanks for visiting, and feel free to reach out at sherunsbrooklyn[at]gmail[dot]com.
Oh, and my name is Melanie, but most people call me Mel.
- I carry an emergency apple in my bag at all times.
- I believe we are our own best advocates. Yes, I will carry around an emergency apple, and I will not care when people make fun of me.
- I want all the great guitarists of our time to swarm into my apartment and play me a symphony, for two reasons. One, it will drive my mean neighbor crazy and maybe he’ll move out. Two, I could capture them and keep them for private badass guitar lessons on demand.
- I work in advertising and try daily not to become the man, and not to face the fact that I ultimately work for him.
- My name is Melanie. Most people call me Mel.
I love reading your comments and answering your emails, so always feel free to share your thoughts! Thanks for reading 🙂